The Atchison Farmers’ Market Celebrates our 22nd Year!
This spring has been historic in the wake of the Covid-19 viral pandemic. Our Board wants to be a constant in Atchison. So it is with lots of thoughtful discussion that the following Covid-19 Precautions are agreed upon.
COVID-19 PRECAUTIONS (current as of 4/23/2020)
1. MAINTAIN SOCIAL DISTANCING OF SIX (6) FEET
2. USE HAND SANITIZER WITH AT LEAST 60% ALCOHOL
3. AVOID TOUCHING YOUR MOUTH, NOSE, & EYES
4. BRING A LIST OF ITEMS YOU NEED AT THE FARMERS’ MARKET
5. DO NOT USE THE FARMERS’ MARKET TO SOCIALIZE
6. ALLOW THE VENDOR TO BAG YOUR SELECTIONS WITHOUT TOUCHING THE PRODUCE
7. AVOID REUSABLE SHOPPING BAGS
8. THOROUGHLY WASH YOUR PRODUCE UNDER RUNNING WATER BEFORE USING
We plan to open on schedule: May 16th with the season extending through October 31st for our 2020 season. Wednesday markets are from 2:30PM to 5:30PM. Saturday markets run from 8 AM until noon. Make Atchison Farmers’ Market your Saturday morning ritual and tell all your friends and family: “Meet Me at The Market,” for fresh produce, meats, homemade baked goods, jams, jellies, bedding plants, live music, food demos, contests and more!
Founded in 1998, growers from Atchison and surrounding counties provide fresh, locally produced vegetables, fruits, and honey at the market. There are also plenty of bakers and jelly and jam makers.
Throughout the season Atchison Farmers’ Market has a variety of entertainment including local cooks demonstrating Market-to-Kitchen dishes, musicians, and fundraisers sponsored by local non-profit organizations.
The Market participates in the Kansas Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program coupons. Credit and debit cards are welcome. Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) card users are encouraged to use their cards to double their buying power under a grant, “Double-Up” program. The Market Manager has a card reader for SNAP transactions only.
See you at the Market!