While in New York City for the Fancy Food Show recently, we enjoyed a late meal at a local Cuban restaurant not far from Time Square. The mojitos (a traditional Cuban cocktail made with fresh muddled mint and rum) were refreshingly authentic, the food was delicious, and the live band simply MADE the entire experience for us. We ordered several rounds of appetizers, and found the grilled corn to be our stand-out favorite; this recipe is as close to their creation as I could get!
Get your Sweet Corn from Jirak Family Produce at the Market, Wednesday afternoons and Saturday mornings!
- 8 ears sweet corn
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- kosher salt, to taste
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. Chili powder
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and mayonnaise; set aside.
- Grill ears of corn over medium heat on an oiled grill or grill pan until kernels begin to char and blacken, approx. 8-10 minutes.
- Or, cook corn in an electric pressure cooker! Add 1 cup water combined with 1/4 cup sugar to bottom of pressure cooker pot; add 6-8 ears of cleaned corn and lock pressure cooker lid into place. Choose HIGH setting for 3 minutes. When timer goes off, use a quick release to remove all pressure from pressure cooker.
- Liberally brush prepared mayo mixture onto hot ears of corn.
- Meanwhile, place Parmesan, salt, chili powder, red pepper flakes, and lime zest into a shallow dish; toss to combine.
- Roll slathered ears of corn in Parmesan mixture until well-coated. Serve at once.
Now You’re Cookin’,
Recipe adapted from/courtesy of: https://chefallisfarmfreshkitchen.com/