Cajun Baked Okra is the perfect side dish for any meal! Packed with Cajun seasonings, crispy, & easy to make. Baked not fried! Weight Watchers friendly recipe-2 SmartPoints!
If you haven’t had okra, I recommend making this recipe… This recipe is no fuss and takes less than 30 minutes to make! It’s a great start to introducing okra into your palate. The trick to making sure okra doesn’t get slimy is to toss it in lemon juice. Also, I leave the end caps on the okra to bake them; this also helps with the slimy factor. Don’t eat the caps though; they are not that good! After the okra is cleaned, toss the okra in lemon juice, olive oil, and Cajun seasonings.
- 1 Pound Okra
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Juice of Half a Lemon
- ½ Tablespoon Salt
- ½ Tablespoon Pepper
- 1/8 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Onion Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper (omit to make less spicy)
- ¼ Teaspoon Cumin
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Rinse okra and pat dry.
- In small bowl, mix salt, pepper, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, and cumin.
- In zip lock bag, add okra, olive oil, lemon juice, and spices. Shake bag to coat okra with spices.
- Spray baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Lay okra on baking sheet in single layer.
- Roast in oven for 10 minutes.
- With a spatula, turn okra on other side and cook for another 15 minutes.
Recipe adapted from/courtesy of: http://bitesofflavor.com/cajun-baked-okra/