Now wasn’t that a mouthful! LOL. Burst Cherry Tomato Sauce is one amazingly simple pasta sauce that best utilize the flavors of fresh sweet summer cherry tomatoes. Cherry tomatoes are so naturally sweet and rich that just 10 minutes in pan create a flavorful tomato sauce that will go great with any kind of pasta – spaghetti, bucatini, or linguine.
A quick yet flavorful dinner is always my goal for my family. I’m certain it is same for you. I’m sure you will agree that “healthy and quick” can also be tasty, just like this 15 minutes kitchen-to-dinner-table burst cherry tomato pasta sauce. So, don’t let this fresh, seasonal sweet gift of nature go to waste. Bring home some cherry tomatoes from your Atchison Farmers Market, and make flavorful pasta meal for dinner tonight!
- 3 Cup Cherry Tomatoes (1.5 pints, red and yellow cherry tomatoes)
- 1/4 Cup Wine (good qaulity cooking wine, or leftover white wine)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil (replace 1 tbsp oil with sun dried tomato oil)
- 1 lbs Pasta (linguine, or spaghetti )
- 1/4 tsp Chili Flakes
- 2 Garlic (cloves, whole, just crushed)
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese (grated, use more if prefer)
- 1 Cup Basil (bunch of fresh leaves, coarse chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- Black Pepper (to taste)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. I like to bring pot of water to rolling boil. When boiling, season with salt, add pasta
and cook until just al-dente.
- While pasta is cooking, in a wide saute pan, heat olive oil with sun dried tomato olive oil (if using) or all olive oil. Add smashed
garlic with chili flakes and let garlic perfume the oil for 30 seconds.
- Now, add cherry tomatoes and let them slightly burst in the pan. (about 4-5 minutes on medium high heat).
- Once few tomatoes has started to burst, Fish out the garlic. (discard or refrigerate it to flavor a sandwich later.) Deglaze the pan
with wine, bring to boil, and let alcohol cook-off (1-2 minutes). Season with salt. Add in cooked and drained pasta with half of
parmesan cheese. Coat pasta in tomato, wine and parmesan sauce. Add chopped basil.
- Sprinkle remaining parmesan, and serve pasta while still hot.
Recipe adapted from/courtesy of: https://www.chefdehome.com/recipes/718/pasta-with-roasted-garlic-and-burst-cherry-tomato-sauce