Egg Recipes from “Rise and Shine with Eggs”
Atchison Farmers’ Market
Fresh, Friendly, Local
Market E-Newsletter, Sunday, June 11, 2017
Did you get to taste the egg dishes at yesterday’s market? Weren’t they delicious?
But if you missed them or just want the recipes, here they are:
Khai Jiao (Thai Omelet) for 1 or 2
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp lime juice, add to eggs
- 1 tsp fish sauce, add to eggs
- pinch of sugar, add to eggs
- 1 tsp chopped chives or garlic chives
Pour 1 inch of neutral oil, like canola) into skillet and heat for frying. Drizzle egg mixture and fry til bottom is set and crispy (about 3 min). Flip omelet and continue cooking til bottom is crisp and brown, 1-2 minutes.
Drain on paper towel and enjoy alone or with rice as a meal.
Hard Boiled Eggs
- Put eggs (all must be underwater) in sauce pan.
- Cover with water
- Heat on medium til full boil. Turn off heat/remove pan from heat
- Leave in hot water 20 min (use timer)
- Drain, add tray of ice cubes and again cover with cold water.
- Let sit for 2 min. Do not drain ice water from pan.
- Put lid on pan and shake 2-3 times, hard enough to crack shells
- Peel eggs and set aside for eating or recipes.
***Keeping eggs in cold water should make peeling very easy and no green ring around yolk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Take hard boiled eggs (as many as you need), and cut in half
- Thinly wrap the egg half in your favorite ground sausage
- Place each egg/sausage bit on a cookie sheet or in muffin pan
- Bake 20-25 min to cook sausage. Drain and enjoy as breakfast, lunch, or dinner
Can also coat sausage wrapped egg in beaten egg then roll in bread crumbs and bake till sausage is done (can also be fried).
Bacon, Egg & Cheese Monkey Bread
Prep time: 15 mins, Cook time: 30 mins, Total time: 45 mins, Serves 6
- *Ingredients listed are for a 6 cup bundt pan. If you are using a 12 cup pan, double the ingredients.
- 1 (16 oz.) can refrigerated biscuits
- 4 Tbsp. salted butter, melted
- 6 large eggs, scrambled
- ½ pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp. fresh chives
- For sauce:
- ¼ c. lowfat mayo
- ¼ c. sour cream
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- ½ tsp. dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook bacon and eggs; set aside.
- Remove biscuits from package and cut into sixths.
- Place biscuit pieces in a gallon size ziplock bag and toss with 4 Tbsp. melted butter.
- Add scrambled eggs, bacon, shredded cheese, and fresh chives to the bag and shake to distribute.
- Pour mixture into a greased 6 cup bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- While bread is baking, combine sauce ingredients in a small saucepan and heat, stirring, over medium heat until smooth.
- Cool in pan 5-10 minutes, then use a knife or spatula to loosen edges.
- Invert bread onto a plate and drizzle with sauce before serving.
Recipe by Lemon Tree Dwelling