Atchison Farmers’ Market
Fresh, Friendly, Local
Market E-Newsletter for Wednesday, April 22, 2015
Pre-Market Produce Available
Asparagus will be back on Wednesday, April 22, beginning at 2:30 p.m. at the Market!
There are so many ways to prepare asparagus:
- sauté in olive oil until tender and serve plain or with parmesan cheese over the top;
- put in a steamer over simmering water only until tender
- chop lightly steamed asparagus and add to scramble eggs
- drizzle a vinaigrette over steamed asparagus
- cream of asparagus soup (wonderful if frozen and enjoyed in the middle of winter)
- BUT, these are only a beginning to the many ways you can fix this lovely Spring vegetable
Save the date: McLenon Produce and the Atchison Farmers’ Market will be at the Open Air Art Fair at the Market this Saturday – with many, many other vendors and entertainment!